Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring break plans... gone

So for Spring Break initially we decided on Lake Tahoe, CA to meet up with Derrick's friends for some skiing, snowboarding, and other fun times. Well, as it approached I started to lose interest and wanted to go some place warm or to visit that sweet new baby of mine... Matteo. But then, I started to get excited as we looked up more places and things to do. Well... wuh wuh.... Saturday approached when we were supposed to leave and flights look terrible. Then we started looking up flights ... EVERYWHERE. I kid you not... let me list all of the places we looked up...

Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas (all places), Barbados, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, St Lucia, Belize, Costa Rica, Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Ixtapa, Los Cabos, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Trinidad and Tobago, Miami, Seattle, Orlando....

Seriously... no joke... all of the flights were oversold beyond ridiculous amounts or the hotels/resorts were full. I also checked into 2 cruises out of Galveston, TX and called to reserve one and there were NO rooms!!

So... we planned on leaving for Lake Tahoe on Monday morning. Until... we got home on Sunday from drinks and I saw the flights and they weren't promising. So... being the awesome girlfriend I am insisted Derrick go without me because it was something he has been truly looking forward to for months.

So early Monday morning we woke up, I drove him to the airport, and off he went. And here I sit. Staring at a cloudy, misty day not sure when the sun will be coming out. Monday the sun was fabulous and I got an pretty nice tan laying out for 2 1/2 hours. It's in the high 70's/80's and I'm hoping at some point the sun visits us again. So much for the drought, which we still are in, but seriously... on spring break we have to have rain!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment