Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 1 - Barcelona

When we arrived in Barcelona we were exhausted, hungry, and dirty.  We were also late to our check in time and because it was a hostal there wasn't someone there full time to check in so we had to pre set up a time and I was super nervous that they would've left us! 

No worries - she was there.  The place was beautiful.  Thank god for Frommer's - they led us in all the right directions when it came booking hotels/hostals.  The hostal we stayed at had about 8 rooms - super high amazing ceilings, and an awesome back patio that we sat out on each night checking emails and drinking wine:)





Anywho - back to our first day, I should say hours, in B-lona.  We got there, showered, and ventured out.  Our place was right outside the Barri Gothic area and a few blocks from the Cathedral.  I had a few plans for the first day - visit the cathedral and walk around Barri Gothic.  No where in our books or any research I did were dress codes mentioned.  Welp --- on our way into the Cathedral I was stopped - as in the guard walked out, pointed to me, and said 'TOO SHORT'.  What??  What??  Huh??  My romper shorts were too short... grrrr... we couldn't get in!! 





Well, B-lona wasn't starting off to well.  We opted for dinner.  It was decent - we did some tapas and amazing sangria of course.  We then walked around and enjoyed it.  Needless to say, everyone said we would LOVE Barceloan but I have to be honest - it wasn't what I had expected.  It wasn't what I imagined Europe to look like - it was very dirty, confusing, and just not what I was anticipating. 






We opted to buy some wine, screw top of course since we were without a wine opener, and headed back to sit out on the patio.  For some reason we weren't tired enough to go to bed - I think we were so tired we over came it.

Enjoyed the wine, and headed to bed - officially in Barcelona!

No comments:

Post a Comment