Friday, August 17, 2012

Valencia/Madrid - Day 6

We woke up and had the morning to enjoy our last parts in Valencia.  They have a big market that they are known for so we went there to order breakfast and walk around.  It was neat and I ordered our meal in full Spanish - go me:)


We then took a train to the train station to Madrid and were crazy early --- like 2 hours early --- so we relaxed in McDonald's.  Yep in Spain.  It for some reason was my dream to eat McDonald's in Spain - so I ordered a Big Mac and ... yep you guessed it... a beer... all at McDonald's.  I have to admit - as anti fast food, especially McD's, it sure hit the spot.  Derrick also has had his eye on this 'orxata' (horchata) drink- I think his face says how much he liked it.


We took a high speed train which was neat and were in Madrid within the hour!

We opted to walk to our hotel.  I convinced myself that I could find the way since I looked at so many maps over the past few days so off we went - luggage and all in the 95+ degree heat.  And guess what... WE MADE IT!  I did it!!

Our hostal was really neat - it had full service coffee, water (so expensive in Europe we paid for the room just with the free water) and snacks and breakfast food.  The shower was so funny - it was 2 feet elevated off the ground and it came with cute little soap. 

We got dressed up for the night to go out to the old restaurant in the gusiness book of world records!  We were early (dinner in Spain doesn't start till around 9.... seriously) so we enjoyed sangria and olives and then headed down to dinner.  It was the most amazing little restaurant with white coat service and such a neat place with kind servers. 



 
They were known for their lamb and their suckling pig - we ordered both and shared.  We also got a huge plate of cheese for our app and of course... sangria.  The food was to die for, indescribable, and to top it off in full Spanish I asked 'If it is possible for me to take a picture of the main kitchen and cook' - the server was so proud and excited for me to speak in Spanish he let me!!!  Whoo hooo


 
 
We headed back after dinner and enjoyed some of the night activities like fire dancers and then headed back to our hostal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment