Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Delaware visit

My trip to Delaware was relaxing, refreshing, full of sunshine, and wonderful.  I couldn't have asked for a better vacation after a vacation.  I got to .. yes that's right I said 'got to' not 'had to' ... get up early and spend 3 days with Matteo.  All by myself:)

Day #1 was spent learning his routine and studying for my scuba certification class the following week (another post to come).  I was outside for a bit, came in to shower, and then waited on my sister to get home.  we dance, sang, boogied on down, and I may or may not have consumed a beer or 2 resulting my new name - Aunt Tipsy - hey, I didn't have a car and I was able to function just fine!!

Day #2 was actually spent going out for a the day!  We went up to visit my best friend/lifelong friend, Mary, in Smyrna about 45 minutes away.  She bought a house probably 3ish years ago and I had yet to see it so we ventured on up and visited with her.  We also went out to lunch for the classic chicken cheese steak that I dream about nightly still - some things just aren't better in TX - and Matteo was quite the popular kid in the lil' ol' place.  We then headed on back and visited my sister at work so everyone could see him and fall in love and get all oogly eyed over the cutest baby ever.

Day #3 he slept a ton - meaning I got a ton of sun time:)

Day #4 my mom arrived and we spent the day by the pool - as in all day - because mom just wanted to snuggle him.  We even ventured out at night with some whipped cream vodka sippin' and mom 'lifeguarding' just in case.

Day #5 we spent by the pool also and then got dressed and headed out for my birthday dinner at the beach.  Afterwards, I stayed with out with Mary and her husband at the beach for a bit.

Day #6 was spent celebrating Matteo and his baptism - another post completely on that.  It was a beautiful day and one to celebrate for sure!

I left bright and early ... like 3:30 I think... to head back to Austin and get my sweet Mia bug who I hadn't seen for over 2 weeks!!  She had been sent to the boarders for the first 4 days of our trip, then my friend picked her up and graciously watched her and our apt... and garden... and everything else... for a week... then Derrick came home while I was in Delaware... then he took her back to the boarders for 3 more days while he went to work.  Poor thing was exhausted but so happy to see me!!!


Below are some pics from my visit:)

Best friend of 28 years... almost crazy

I wish my pajamas were cool like Matteo's

True story kid

If you don't love a sleeping baby you must be crazy

Momma and baby

Are you in love yet?

Future cabana boy:)
And at this point it is July 1... my first month of summer consisted of nannying, tutoring, first week of camp, going to Spain, and vacationing in Delaware.  Whew wee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment