Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer in Austin - part 1

Summer in Austin was everything it should've been - hot, busy, relaxing, fun, enjoyable... my list could go on.

I'm going to sum it over a few posts to squeeze it all in and bring me up to date!!

June was crazy but once July arrived we were around the rest of the summer.  Summer breakdown:

  • Every Monday was spent getting together with my girlfriends, watching the Bachelorette and seeing who would win our money pot from our bets - we all did love Jef the best (or as we called him, Jefe). On my night to host it was a GA theme (based off of the guy I picked you had to theme the food around their state) and I made a peach sangria.  Um... fabulous.
The fruit - grapes and nectarines


The mix ins - white whine, peach schnaaps, and frozen lemonade
All mixed together - pretty and toxic!!!


  • This turned into even trashier Mondays when we decided to also watch the Bachelor Pad to continue our get togethers.
  • Derrick and I spent 2 weekend in an indoor pool/classroom/and then the lake getting our scuba certification.  It was a fun time - I was very apprehensive at first but we went to Tom's Dive Shop and had a blast and I'm eager to get out into blue water... not murkey lake water:)
Practicing my snorkeling in the pool before our first class

Huge bottle of champagne to celebrate finishing:)

  • My birthday came and went with lots of friends, birthday wishes, and some 2 step dance lessons that Derrick and I will enjoy sooner rather than later I hope!  Derrick also took me to a wonderful restaurant where they gave me a special menu and an autographed one by the head chef:) 
My special menu - it was amazing

out with friends downtown for my birthday - city view
Surprise birthday flowers... he gets me:)

  • I hosted our Pirate themed summer camp for week #2.  It was a huge hit - mainly because of the truly life size cardboard box built pirate ship my co-camp-head-lady made during her spare time the weekend before!  Awesome!  We had a blast playing in that, making pirate costumes and painting beards on our faces, learning how to fence, and in the end going bowling to get out of the heat!

Yes... that is for real with a working drawbridge!


1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete