Saturday, January 29, 2011

Completed jungle room!

Remember back in December the awesome winter room that one of my parents, Katie, did?


Well initially was cleaned out because she wanted to have a muralist come in and paint a jungle scene and turn it into an addition to my classroom. Well it was delayed because thre were huge cracks in the wall and we needed to wait for the district to come out and take a peek at it.

Well, we got sick of waiting so she closed up the cracks herself, sanded it down, and got the muralist in. They started it 2 Fridays ago, and it was complete on Wednesday! It is amazing... words and pictures do not do it justice. It is the greatest gift I could be given and my kids are so excited to see it. Katie had her friend Emily, who is an artist, come in and do the painting. She has actually done one of the rooms in Lance Armstrong's house and his now lady (his life story confuses me) came by to take a peek at it to see if they want more painting done in their house! Below are some awesome pics of the room. I plan to use it as a special treat that some of my kids can go into if they are working hard, and also will use it for small group instruction since I can still see out through the huge window and see my whole class and keep the door open and hear them. I am in love with this room --- now hopefully it remains my room for awhile ... more to come on that one in another post. Until then... enjoy the pics of this amazing gift!

Looking in through the door. Initially there were not going to be any animals so that it wouldn't be monkey biased (that is my class's animal - we are the monkeys) - but the kids kept saying when are you painting the monkeys so it was a last minute addition!
Hidden elephant and bird and the sun rising
Window looking out into the room
A little farther back view to see the adorable furniture and rug from Ikea!

No comments:

Post a Comment