Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fabric/color ideas

Knowing that a condo is in our near future (more to come on this soon I promise) I have gone into decorating mode and cannot stop! I have not bought anything yet other than my trusty new sewing machine which my mom showed me the basics on over my winter break. I did go to JoAnn Fabrics today thought and went on the hunt for some color/pattern ideas. Here are my current thoughts (which have changed 4 times since I started thinking).

In the master bedroom I really want to do the walls a gray.. not too dark not too light... with the blue toile fabric shown below as my curtains and the yellow fabric as my throw pillows. I love the pattern of the yellow fabric and you will see how much I love it because it is also in the other picture below.


For the living room/dining room/hallway entrance (they are all connected) I'm thinking of painting the walls a tan-ish color (that is still in thought... possibly green too). The curtains I am making I want to use the middle fabric - the creme, coral, and green one. Then for accent pillows and possibly an ottoman which I recently found a pattern for I would use the green and "watermelon" as it is called on the name. I love this! It is bright but not overwhelming, still calm and relaxing, and so fun! It's not too girly either right? With my brown/tan furniture and brown tables I think it will look great!



Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment