Sunday, January 9, 2011

Where do I even begin?!?!

Shew! 2011 already!?!?! I don't even know where to start with my blogging! I haven't blogged in 3 weeks and it is crazy how many things have happened in those 3 weeks! I'm going to do many blogs between today and the upcoming days so bare with me and get those reading glasses ready!

Let's go back to 2010 shall we?

Let's go back to the last week of school before I even headed to the 10 degree wonderful (kidding) freezing weather that I got to experience for a week between Ohio and Maryland.

The last week of school, Dec 13-17, I was doing last minute things to prepare Mia for the flight. I randomly googled "taking a pet on a delta flight" and was given quite a shock. I had to pay... $125 each way... to bring her along! I also had to make a reservation to bring her with me because only 2 dogs are allowed on each flight. Ah hell!!! As my kids are quietly watching Polar Express I am frantically calling Derrick for more info, complaining to my mom (shocker that she got a phone call.. I know), and calling Delta. I was hoping the information was old... it wasn't. I was shocked that I had to pay sooo much money to bring her on as my carry on. What was the big deal? She was going under my seat rather than my laptop... it's not like she was getting a meal or anything. If you don't have to pay for an infant to sit on your lap why should I have to pay for a dog to sit under my seat? Eh... I lost the battle.

I contacted the boarder that I was planning on using for New Year's to see if she had any openings. She did thank God. While this was all happening Derrick and I also were out and about making our final decision on 2 condos ... one very new and big condo about 15 minutes from downtown, and one on the smaller and older side but with a view of the city and less than 1/4 mile from the major parks, greenbelt, and an exit away from downtown (more to come on this in a later post). As I was explaining the flight situation to our realtor she offered to take Mia! She lives on a huge horse ranch and said she'd be more than happy to take her for the whole week. I turned her down numerous times but she kept insisting and to be honest... I would much rather have Mia with them than at a boarder (not that this boarding facility isn't wonderful... Mia just isn't keen on them at all).

So it was set... Mia was going to the realtors house for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment