Saturday, May 14, 2011

Disgusting

This women... or mother as she wants to be called... disgusts me. Gross. You have an 8 year old - full of innocence, happiness, purity. And you are pumping her body with chemicals to get rid of her WRINKLES!?! Are you insane? What kind of image are you giving your poor child?

Click here to read the article and watch the video...

What do you think? I think it is just terrible. Now oddly enough, I do think pageants are adorable for little girls and I think it just looks so fun for a little girl to feel like a princess! But... I would never take it so far to buy them flippers (the fake teeth to hide their teeth they lost), spray tan, wigs, none of that! I still think they look so cute all done up and as long as they enjoy it and want to do it, let them. But when a child starts having a sense of insecurity about themselves... that's when there is a HUGE problem. Still to this day I cannot ever... ever.. EVER remember hearing my mother make a comment about her body or herself in front of me. I really believe that is why I have never had insecurities. People are raising their children to think they are fat, have wrinkles, yucky hair, and everything else all by the age of 6 or 7. Disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment