Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lucy Update

I blogged about Lucy awhile back. A little girl who become horribly ill with cancer. I just wanted to provide a small update on her prognosis and life thus far. Of course her story can be followed by clicking the button on the side of my page, but I felt the need to update. Just remember... I have no technical terms or anything like that. I just want to provide a summary of what I have read over the past couple of weeks and to show how much prayers do work.

During her final weeks of RT Lucy was getting more and more ill. Throwing up all day, everyday. She lost a lot of important vitamins and was not able to keep down any food, resulting in being malnourished. She completed her RT and had some weeks to recoup and recover before beginning chemotherapy. She had a great day one day and the next, things took a turn for the worse. She couldn't see. Couldn't focus. She was slowly going blind. They prayed to find a reason, an explanation, and they got it. Due to all of her vomiting she was losing essentials that her body needed. They pumped her with the good stuff and her sight is getting better and better each day. She is getting stronger each day and is getting back her sight.

Prayer works. Sure, God can't just make her cancer disappear. But, when they did a scan they saw that her tumors had decreased DRASTICALLY. He is showing that He is listening, and wants to answer their prayers. No one knows why children get cancer, but it's not because God doesn't love them. To me, after reading their blog, I couldn't believe more that He is listening, you just have to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment