Monday, May 16, 2011

Pillows recovered

I taught myself how to recover my pillows and love how they turned out. They add some nice color and flow to the living room. I still have 2 more to do in solid color (the fabric of the pelmet box) but just haven't made those up yet (waiting on a rainy day... it's going to be a while I think).
I used the same fabric, or actually the pillow cases, from the sheets I made the curtains out of. It was pretty nice... 3 of the 4 sides were sewn already!!! I just measured, cut, ironed, and sewed. Yep, sewed up all 4 sides. Hm... so how exactly am I supposed to get the pillow IN the fabric now? I made a large slit in the back and slipped in the pillow so they are more like shams.
Who really flips over pillows anyways? The coral colored one I made by sewing all 4 sides. I measured it a little off and it is slightly too big but hey... first time ever - I'll take it! I just kind of pull it tight on 1 side and hide the other side between the 2 blue pillows. Can't even tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment