Monday, May 30, 2011

Paisley

You might remember my post about the possibility of another puppy/dog. It had been on our minds and we contemplated back and forth. Last Sunday we ran to Petco to get Mia some treats and there were puppies there for adoption. Lots of them. I loved them all. Until I saw 2 little, little puppies - a black one and a white one. They were brother and sister. Uno and Dos were their names. There were 11 of them in the litter and 77 total taken from the puppy mill they were found out. Talk about breaking my heart. I loved Uno. She was all black with a "paint dip" of white on her back paws and tail. She snuggled and loved but played also. I wanted her. Bad.

Derrick said no. We went into Petco to talk about it and came out saying YES! We went to get the money and came back to sign the papers. I was so excited. She had just the cutest little face. I couldn't wait for Mia to have a playmate!

Well, sadly, things didn't work out the way we planned. Mia went into complete stressed out mode. I know everyone said to give it time (we only gave it 24 hours) but the pain and stress Mia was in broke our hearts. Mia was foaming at the mouth, which is normal for a stressed/anxious dog, but she was foaming so badly that her entire coat was soaked. Even through the night when the puppy was in the kitchen and we were in the bedroom with the door shut she still was going crazy. She wasn't eating or drinking. We had a choice to make. A hard choice. I went to school to see if anyone would want to take her, many people did but their spouses felt it was too rushed. So, 24 hours later I drove Paisley back crying. She was so sweet. But, to lighten my mood when I arrived the man in the charge of the adoption was there and he was so wonderful. He said "watch this watch this!" and he placed her in the cage with Dos (her brother) and they went crazy seeing eachother! They licked and whimpered and quickly found a little place to snuggle up with each other and go to sleep. He also informed me that someone had come by previously inquiring about adopting both of them. He was going to call them back and hopefully send them home, together, as a family:) Here are some sweet pictures of Paisley:)

snuggling up in her crate

helping Derrick

again in her crate resting on her toys

buddies already
We still would love another dog. After talking with people we realize that a dog rather than a puppy will be a good choice. She does fine and loves when we dog sit so I'm hoping it was just the energy of a puppy that made her crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment