Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And I passed!!

I was miserable after taking completing my Special Education test on Saturday. I thought 100% for sure I failed. I actually contemplated just canceling my scores so no one would ever see the humiliation of a score I got.

Because it was a computer based test the scores take 3-5 days. Last night I got the email to check my scores. Eek. Ugh. I PASSED! Holy cow how did that happen!?!? Who cares -- I passed!!

What this means is many things:

1) I now do not have to pay for the test. The test and to add it to your certificate costs $200 per test... because I got RIF'd (Reduction in Force) the district allowed each person 2 tests and addition to your certificate that they would pay for if you passed. I opted to take ESL because it is pretty standard in TX and Special Ed. Now they owe me money:)

2) If and when cuts take place again I will have 1 more certificate to my name and also will have more options for finding a job. There are 12 elementary Spec. Ed. position currently available.

3) No, I will not be changing anything this year. I will still be teaching Kindergarten just like every year prior. This just allows more options.

WHOO HOO - HAPPY SUMMERTIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment