Thursday, June 23, 2011

Making veils

One of my great friends is getting married in July (can't wait to wear our dresses - they are fabulous!) and her bachelorette party is this weekend. I can't make it in because it is too hard to fly into Delaware being that the closest airport is an hour and a half away and I can't do a quick trip when combined with beach traffic. So, I opted to make her the fun bachelorette party wedding veil. It was SO easy, and turned out so cute that I actually ended up making 2 more for the little girls, Nora and Lindsay, that I nanny for and they love them!



Started with a hair clip, rhinestones (for bedazzling later), thread, needle, tulle, and a hot glue gun

Picked a random length of tulle (didn't care if it is was straight because it doesn't lay flat). Pulled the thread through one end and knotted the end to the other side (it will bunch). Then went over under skipping about 1-2 inches in between. When I got to the end I bunched it and knotted the end to the beginning.

I made 2 more, each one a little shorter than the previous

Stitched them all 3 togther

Hot glue on the hair clip

Bedazzled a bit :) That was the hardest part!

Completed! Took 10 minutes start to finish (yes including glue cooling time).
For the little girls ones I made 2 of the exact same length pieces and hot glued them to a white headband. Then I bedazzled across the top of the headband. Sooooo cute and so easy - what a great, fun little gift:) (And cheap - I bought a yard of tulle and made 3 veils!)

No comments:

Post a Comment