Friday, June 3, 2011

Some slight obsessions

Today was my first full day off of school. Yesterday we didn't have to teach but I did have to report for closing up my room and then I actually tutored a child who is only going to be here the month of June so his mom wants him to be as brushed up as possible before they leave. So today consisted of:

Enjoying getting up and taking Mia for a nice walk in the cooler, 70 degree air (at 7:30AM).
Then I went for my morning run which I am thoroughly enjoying. I love how much cooler it is vs. my usual 95-100 degree run around 4:00PM. I'm definitely looking forward to more of these:)
Then our visit to the vet for 3 shots for Mia. Don't let her eyes fool you... she is fine - just milking it for sure.
Then out to lunch with some girls from school (already meeting up and it's only the 2nd day of summer vacation hahaha) and we have planned a Monday weekly routine of watching The Bachelorette (too bad scum of the earth Bentley will be leaving on Monday... he makes for great boy bashing comments).

Then I headed to Cabela's to surprise Derrick with a fishing bag he has had his eye on for awhile.
And then... came my realization to my slight obsessions. I was cleaning out some bins that Derrick needs for his closet and I started organizing my bathroom. One thing lead to another and I found all of these. Yes, that's right, those are all headbands.

Blair Waldorf would be so proud wouldn't she? They are broken down into skinny stretchy, thick stretchy, thin bands, and thick bands. The problem is... I have a really small head and very thin hair - many of the headbands actually jut out on the sides of my head and you can see right through them since my hair doesn't fill in the space. When I tease my hair it looks better though.

Then I was cleaning up the closet and realized this too might be an obsession... yep those are all bathing suits.
Now that may not seem like a lot but let me just throw this in... they are all within the past 2 years of purchase except 1. And, i have about 5 more circled in the sale catalog of VS! Don't worry... after seeing this I threw the catalog away.

Tomorrow I will finally take the Special Education test in San Antonio (I have been dreading it for weeks so I'm glad to get it over with and then really enjoy my summer off). Then we decided to stay in San Antonio for the day and go to SEA WORLD!! I am beyond excited (Derrick... meh ... not so much). I have a free season pass for teachers so this makes it EVEN BETTER! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment