Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fishing away


On Saturday I took my Special Education test to add another certification to my teaching license. This will be uber beneficial to me next year when cuts come around again (always looking to the future over here ya know). So I took the test in San Antonio because I registered way too late so our plans were to head to Sea World after my test and enjoy a wonderful day with dolphins and killer whales:) But... of course but... we opted to not go. We figured A) it would be so crazy busy the first weekend after school is out (especially since we could go a weekday sometime this summer) and B) I worried that Mia was showing signs of another bladder infection, not as severe, but still concerned and didn't want to leave her for an extended period of time. So what did we go do!?! WENT FISHING!!

On Friday I surprised Derrick with his dream fishing bag from Cabella's that he has had his eyes on for awhile. I got home from my test around 11:30 and he had our picnic lunch packed, fishing poles set up, and off we went to get our licenses and bait. It was about a 1/2 hour drive out to where we went, Reimer's Ranch, which is like a waterhole that feeds into the lake. It was a beautiful day and we walked about a mile away from the people swimming and set up shop on a little rock:) It was such an awesome day. I caught the first fish (on my 2nd cast!) and Derrick caught a huge catfish. We then headed home and went out to The Melting Pot (a #1 favorite of mine) using a Groupon I bought - $20 for $40 which equates to a cheese, 2 salads, and a chocolate fondue for only a couple extra dollars over the Groupon. LOVED OUR NIGHT:) Enjoy the pictures!









No comments:

Post a Comment