Sunday, March 20, 2011

New camera!!

After a lot of waiting I finally have all of the pieces I need to take some pictures with my new camera:) I got the camera over a week ago but then had to order a memory card. It had to be a special "class" to make sure that it would be fast enough for if/when we want to take video with the camera. I also figured this will be my camera for a pretty long time and I still want to go on some awesome vacations (ie African Safari, Europe) and plan to take tons of pics so my memory cards holds over 3600 pictures... I think I can handle that:) PS... if you are ever looking for anything electronic or an accessory to go with it always check newegg.com. I know Derrick has an account but you don't have to have one to use it. I got my memory card for $44 and on Walmart.com it was almost $150!

So, I love my camera. It even sounds cool. It makes all the clicky sounds and I can take up to 6 pictures per second which is awesome. I'm still learning and I bought the book D3100 for Dummies online so I am gathering information and I just need to start playing around with it to learn the best. The best part about this camera is what everyone told me: it is a great transition camera. It still allows you to use it as point and shoot but also has pre-set functions where you can pick the shutter speed or aperture but it will pick the other areas to help you and then it can also go fully manual... focusing and all. So I plan to work up to that because I know that is when you can really get creative and take some awesome shots. I problem right now is I'd have to whip out my book, go to the right chapter, read it a couple times, adjust everything, and by then the photo would be gone.... practice makes perfect though I guess. Eventually I'll probably take some photography classes but until a new job comes about, my dummy book is good enough for me.

Here's some of the pics I've really like. Mia has been my prime subject - shocker:)

Me and my new camera


Sweet Mia in the morning


Dandelion on our walk


City view on our walk


Mia again


UT baseball game over spring break - I love the sky


One more of Mia:)


Now I want to get some editing programs and start playing around with that too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment