Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wanna go for a walk?

...was the question Derrick asked me on Wednesday... the day I finally had nothing major going on and I just wanted to come home and unpack.

My response "no, not really". His reponse, "c'mon! I found this great trail right by the apartment Mia and I walked today. I still can't figure how to access the greenbelt but this is a nice trail. 10 minutes.. 15 maximum and we will be back".

That was a 5:00pm.

We got home at 7:10 pm. It was dark. I was starving. It did not take 15 minutes!

We headed out on the trail he initially walked but then when we got the ending point where he turned back last time he said well if we go this way we will just loop around, wanna do that? Alrighty - he seemed to know fully where we were. Well let me tell you -- we got L-O-S-T. And we were on the greenbelt the whole time (from the boy who couldn't figure out how to get to it... we found it.. easily). We ended up on the other side of the greenbelt without ever crossing over, then over by a Toys R Us, then walking in circles, and finally started asking people. No one knew where our apartment was but they got us back to Taco Deli, the little taco joint right by where the condo was which is about a mile away from our apartment. When we got back there Derrick opted to run back to the apartment and get the car to come get Mia and I. It was too dark and there would be too much traffic for Mia to walk back. That was sweet of him:)

But... whenever Derrick asks you to take a walk with him ask if you are going exploring... or on a walk... 2 VERY different things!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment