Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Random thoughts - again:)

I love random thoughts... and I have so many that I try to just jumble them all together for a random blog day.

Here goes...

I had my first interview today... it went really well. Next step - they want me to come to their school and teach a 45 minute lesson on anything I want to a group of kids I don't know. No, I'm not nervous. I don't really get nervous about that kind of stuff... I like how I teach and hope to show them the best side of me on that day. Haven't picked a date and when they do I will keep everyone posted.

Derrick and I both bought a promotion a couple weeks ago for a wine delivery. We got a %60 voucher to use. I used mine last week and it arrived today. We are currently enjoying our first bottle:) Derrick ordered his today so we have 6 more bottles on the way.

Yum!


I have 2 songs that I currently love. One of them is actually a commercial (I know.. I'm silly) for a grocery store... my beloved and previously blogged about HEB. Well a country singer made up a song/video for it about loving TX and I love the song. Enjoy . I mean come on ... what other state can have a commercial/grocery store song written about it!?!!?

The other song I love is a Christian song and I have heard it on a lot of the blogs I follow. It is so empowering and makes me feel so much closer to God when I listen to it. I know I am always close to him but this song makes me appreciate everything I have when I listen to it. Listen.

On Sunday we went downtown for brunch (bottomless mimosas for $7 - YES PLEASE). Austin is so wonderful and always surprises me. There was a parade that day that was 15 renegade bands that came together just to march through the streets and perform. They came right by where we were eating and it was fabulous to enjoy.

I got my new camera... waiting on all of the tools to arrive to begin practicing:)

Lastly, Derrick and I have started running a lot. We love the trail by us -- it's challenging and convenient. My favorite part... there is a section that every time I run through it a swarm of yellow butterflies come out. It is awesome. They just flutter all around me and then go on their way. I like the feeling that comes over me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment