Tuesday, March 8, 2011

updates!

Oh Happy Tuesday everyone! Although my class is up in kahoots because spring break is right around the corner (3 more days... but who's counting... all of us!) I am in good spirits. The sun was shining and it was 80 degrees outside today... I know mom - not "so pretty" snow but instead "so pretty blue skies and short sleeve shirts and shorts"... just sayin'

Here are some fabulous updates on my life as it stands

- went to the lady doctor yesterday. I have to say I kind of have this weird obsession with finding the right Dr... the person I feel like I click with. I mean c'mon... it's like a crazy fast-moving date when you go that Dr. and in my opinion, if I'm not comfortable with the person in a conversation, they have no right in my personal business - you know? So my last lady Dr was a male -- my first experience with a male and I swear by it now. I feel like they can't judge you (c'mon... you know we all wonder/compare.. don't lie... you do it too) and males are just crazy laid back. So my last Dr was fabulous. I spent a lot of time with him because I had surgery back in '08 that he performed on me and I had to go visit him every 3 months. We got to know each other ya know? So when I told him I was moving it was very bitter sweet for me. I actually contemplated flying back every year for my annual (I mean... it'd be cheap since I fly for free) but I realized that might make me a bit.... neurotic? So, it took me 8 months to find a Dr here. I did some research, asked around, and found the greatest Dr out there. He is fabulous. Seriously, at the end of my check up I actually said "wow... I've never had a Dr do it that fast! You were awesome!". He said no one has ever thanked him before... I think we are on the "next level" now :)

- My new camera should be here any day now! My mom bought my sister and I new cameras for our birthday and although my bday isn't for another... 4 months.... I ordered it and shipped it here. I asked around, did some research (just like with my dr) and bought a Nikon D3100. It got great reviews from people I don't know and my actual friends! Can't wait!

- Mia regressed today... poor girl. She is peeing normal (no more blood - yes I am still inspecting it frequently) but is going SO often I feel terrible for her. I called the vet and they are upping her antibiotics to something even stronger to kill all of the severe bacteria in her little ol' bladder. Poor baby... wonder if Derrick will buy her something else?? (ps... in case you didn't know, he went to the pet store and bought her her favorite toys because he felt so bad for her - he is so sweet)

- Derrick is still skiing out in Lake Tahoe and enjoying life. Lucky dog:)

- I am still debating on my summer plans. Initially I wanted a full time nanny job to possibly carry over into the fall. The problem is not coming across nanny jobs - that has been pretty easy for me thanks to some parental help in my classroom:) The problem is that the long term jobs know I am a teacher and have been laid off, but they also know that teaching is my passion and I will go back as soon as I get a job offer. So they are not wanting to commit to me because of the unsure fall season. So now I am considering hosting/starting/running a summer camp with 2 other women. It would be educationally based, and include art (the one is a professional artist), swimming (I am lifeguard certified), mini field trips, weekly library trips, cooking, etc. An awesome day camp brought to you by... your one and only:)

So... yea that's my life. 3 days and counting until a week off. We are heading to the Austin Rodeo next Monday and I am so excited! Then not sure of our plans the rest of the week... maybe a quick little excursion somewhere?? Mexico, Bahamas, Dominican ... oh the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment