Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby it's cold outside

Where am I? Alaska? Good gracious it is COLD here in once was (3 days ago) sun shiny, warm weather, and gorgeous blue skies, and is now crazy windy, rainy, IN THE TEEN'S weather! I used to be used to this weather living in OH for 5 years, then when I went to Charlotte it still got decently cold there and remained cold for a fair amount of time. But here, it's hard to be used to cold when it changes so drastically. Literally, 75 degrees on Sunday and down to 16 tonight (Tuesday). Of course it comes as more of a shock when it's such a huge jump! Call me a wuss, call me dramatic, but I'll tell you -- you would so much rather "visit" the pretty snow (ahem Mom) and frigid temperatures than live in it full time when you can wear shorts in January out here!!

Here are some random up-to-date information on me:) ... ps.... Nikki in case you were wondering - this is why I blog. Because yes, it's true, "It's all about me" (one nice gift she got me for my birthday that had that saying engraved in it) and my most recent Christmas present:
Now don't worry everyone... I do not actually decorate my place with "princessy" things, I'm not tacky nor am I 16 (I do have Beiber fever .. .as in I love rocking out to Justin Beiber... and Miley Cyrus gets me through a run any day) but these have become more a running joke in my family. who can find the best quote to sum me up:) So back to what I was saying... yes Nikki -- I write a blog because it truly is ALL ABOUT ME! And you still read it!!!!

Alright... back to my updates:
1. I am currently freezing and again and refusing to turn on my heat because we are still intended to close in 27 days (holy crap... should I start to pack and bring out those AWESOME space saver bags that I love so much?). Yet regardless of whether I use my heat or not my electric bill still seems pretty steep to me for someone who is barely here, has no tv, and does not turn on their heat.
2. I hate my neighbors. All of them. Yep, I said it and I don't care because we are not friends and they have no idea I am writing about them. They blast their music constantly, have yappy yippy dogs, and have parties until all hours of the morning. I am dreading Superbowl weekend when they keep me up ALL night on Sunday only for me to wake up at 5am to go to school on Monday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we do not have this problem at the condo.
3. No word on if the paperwork is being processed or just hanging out on someone's desk. Also, our realtor has fallen off the face of the earth these past 2 days and surprisingly, I'm not freaking out. It's kind of nice:)
4. My principal attended a district meeting tonight to find out how the budget cuts will affect our campus personally. I will have more info tomorrow after school since she called a "come if you want more info" staff meeting. Totally I will be there.
5. After that meeting I plan to set up a time to sit down and talk with her about my plans. I of course DO NOT want to leave in any way shape or form but I have to look out for myself. I plan to start applying to nearby districts and just want to give her a heads up that I will not sign anything until I know for sure whether I stay or go (look at me thinking I'm already going to get snatched up within minutes hahaha)
6. We are at day number 98 in school. That means 2 more days till the 100th day which is huge... and 77 to go till summer. Where did the school year go?
7. Is it weird I get teary eyed every year when I think about my "babies" (yes I call them babies because when they came to me they could not zip their coats, tie their shoes, raise their hand, blow their nose, cover their cough or sneeze, etc -- they were gross little things - and now they are all grown up) going into 1st grade in 77 days. This is the time I love them - right now. The moment when everything clicks for all of them and they just SOAR to new levels! This is when I love every moment of teaching and know that the past couple of months of repeating things over and over again finally worked!
8. Derrick and I have changed our minds again about decorating. But in a good way. Step by step we will do things, not all at once as I had intended (shocker... me not patient). Better plan... not my idea.
9. We might make our own headboard... so many cool ideas out there!
10. I'm happy. I'm content. I'm not trying to get up my hopes and I'm obsessing over losing my job. Sorry. But it is kind of a big deal in my life right now and that's what I do... obsess:)

Well -- top 10 things to bring you up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment