Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow day, then 63 degrees

This just goes to prove my point yet again as to why I am not used to cold weather and can't take it anymore. On Friday I woke up at 5:30AM to get ready for school (I sleep in a little more on Fridays) and was slightly bummed out. I hadn't received a phone call about no school from the superintendent and thought I would have by now if we got the snow they were predicting. Boo..... Well, I got up and walked to the window just to check - fingers crossed!!

SNOW DAY!!


I made Derrick promise me the night before that if we got snow he would go outside with me at 5:30 and play in it for a little while since this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity in TX!

So out we went out with sweet Mia who LOVES the snow.



We played in it for about 20 minutes, came in, made some breakfast, and went back to sleep. I got up a little while later, made a pot of coffee, and enjoyed the beautiful snow day we had.

We finally ventured out onto the roads around 2:00 for some mattress hunting (it's weird laying down to figure out if you are going to make the purchase or not), JoAnn fabric stop (got some cute fabric for pillows in the bedroom which Derrick gave me FULL REIN on and said get what I want.. it's just pillows), Sports Authority (I needed shorts to go under some of my tennis outfits that didn't have the shorts attached -- I got these awesome Nike running shorts that are crazy funky), and then headed back to enjoy some hot chili that had been in the crock pot all day.

Great snow day! I finally turned on my heat the night before also because it was soo cold outside.

Yesterday (the day after the snow day) was totally different! The snow was gone by 12:00! I had on yoga pants and a long sleeve shirt and was hot by 2:00. I took Derrick to the airport in shorts and came home for a run. This weather is crazy but I do love how hot is gets after a snow fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment