Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Makes ya feel good

After the news broke to our school about losing our jobs, all of my parents were devastated and want to do all they can. Some of them are sending letters to my principal, not to persuade her to give me back my job because they know that is not in her hands right now, but to keep on file to help me with getting a job -- anywhere. This is an amazing letter that I have to share. I did not add or delete anything except my last name and school name.

I thought I'd write a letter on behalf of our lovely Ms. B, so that her file will reflect how loved she was by her families, in hopes that it will be of some help to eventually bring her back to ____, or support her moving in to a lucky new school.

It has been a magical Kindergarten year. Our daughter came in nervous and shy, but immediately loved her teacher, loved school, and loved ____. Ms. B was everything we had hoped! From the first moment she met the kids she had them in the palm of her hand. Like a modern day Mary Poppins, she approached everything with the perfect combination of order and fun. Her projects are exciting. I adore that she is willing to attempt huge messy projects with them, and keep her fantastic sense of humor through it. She gets them to do extraordinary things; papier mache, baking, pumpkin carving, and performances! The class is always focused and happy. Our daughter's reading is through the roof. She had made leaps this year that we will always be grateful for.

It's great that she keeps a website for us, with pictures of the kids in class, and sends out a weekly newspaper. She's quick to respond to any message, and is always available. I enjoyed working with her on sprucing up part of her classroom as learning center. It's wonderful that she's always looking for ways to make improvements and inspire her students not only though their daily-work, but through their environment. She definitely leaves spaces, projects, and young minds better off after she's worked her magic on them.

She's a professional, with such respect and passion for her craft. She is, inside and out the paradigm of a perfect teacher. Like our favorite teachers from storybooks, Ms. B will last in these kids' hearts forever. One day while listing off Ms. B Wonder Woman-esque qualities, our daughter paused thoughtfully, then added, as though it was probably so, but she hadn't confirmed it yet, "I don't know if she can talk to animals". But with all of Ms. B's many talents, this wouldn't surprise me in the least.


Wow... needless to say how can you feel bad about losing you job when you get letters like this!!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment