Sunday, February 6, 2011

Things I love

As I sat out on my patio yet again, for the 2nd Sunday in row in pants and a tshirt and still slightly hot, I started to think about all of the little things that I love.

- random reminders of my Dad (wax papered dessert pies, creme puff donuts, Teabury Gum, Peppermints, finding all of the memory emails that everyone sent me still in my inbox from his 5 year death anniversary)
- lingerie - not in sexual way but I just think it is so fun to walk into VS and meander about
- crawling into clean sheets and a perfectly made bed
- thinking about my future - most people it scares them but I am so excited for what it will bring
- babies - obsessed actually
- pregnant women - amazing to me that a real life baby is growing
- getting together with friends and picking up right where we left off
- finding a good Bible verse that is so appropriate for me at that moment -- it puts things into perspective
- when Derrick comes into bed late and snuggles up next to me and kisses my shoulder - I still get butterflies
- casually saying I love you... but so full heartedly meaning it
- looking back 5, 10 years and thinking who would've thought I'd be where I am today
- realizing that it's not my plan, it's His plan, do what you want with it
- people who adopt, I think it is an amazing gift to both the parents and children
- Sunday coupons - oh the deals you can get!
- photography - I am hoping to get a nice new camera and take lessons soon (if the job holds out)
- vacation - I live for it for so many reasons - the new clothes, bathing suits, relaxation, and fun stories we come back with
- big band music - if I could live during the 40/50's I would in a heartbeat
-McDonald's double cheeseburger and for a $1 - love it even more
- Taco Bell -- whatever if it is only 30% real meat... that is the best meat ever!
and because I can't end on a double fast food note ...
- getting a compliment on something I have owned for 5+ years... nice to know that some things never go out of style:)

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone... I am rooting for the Steelers by default... Derrick is a lifelong loyal fan so go Steelers (I won't be watching... I plan to practice making pillows ... exciting I know)

No comments:

Post a Comment