Monday, April 25, 2011

April is almost over

I cannot believe April is almost over. Yesterday was Easter. Spring break was a month ago. School is out in 1 month and 1 week (27 more school days). Where has the first 1/4 of the year gone!?!

Nothing major to blog about. My life how slowed down tremendously and 'ba-dump-bump-ba-daaa... I'm lovin' it' (Mickey D's commercial people... read it again this time singing it). No more interviews, no more stress of a job, no more visitors for awhile.... just enjoying the heat and sunshine! How about some updates on... yours truly (moi)
  • Our summer camp is under way. We have the blog up and running (how cute is it... click to be taken to the blog). We have it all planned out and passed out the initial flyer on Friday following a Circus camp the Kindergarteners could go to. I stuck them to their goodie bags and told them to be sure their parents saw it:) I already have had 3 parents tell me their kid(s) are very interested and to mark them down. Unfortunately, no one gets marked down till they actually pay. Fingers crossed we can fill it up (we are looking for 10-15 kids total)
  • A Circus camp you say? What is that you ask? Was I dressed up in full costume? Oh yes... yes I was. No pictures yet but I'm sure I will see some soon and I'll be sure to post. I'll create a visual for you... a magenta velour leotrard sewed to layers upon layers of pastel pink tulle that came down to right about my calves. The silver barbie-ish shoes and of course a pink organza cape attached to the top of the leotard. Yes... that is what I wore. I was the "elephant lady" but they all thought I was a princess. A dripping wet princess from the 90 degree weather for 3 1/2 hours in blazing sun. It was an amazing shin-dig though, really. 4 K parents at my school offered this as a fund raiser for the PTA. $35 a child direct donation for 3 hours (12-3) of Circus bliss. Tickets, a cut out elephant to get your picture with, circus tent cups with their names labeled on them, dress up, face painting, tight rope walking, a cotton candy machine, a fortune teller, the 'weird people' exhibit (baby dolls with mustaches hahaha), a professional juggler who then taught the kids, circus dogs who could ride bikes, and to top if all off.... a whipped cream pie throwing event in which they all got hosed down in the end. They all left wet, hot, glossy eyed, and in showing signs of going into a complete sugar/heat overload coma. A wonderful afternoon for them:)
  • Got my first pedicure yesterday since September. Found a great little place... $25. And got this awesome color "It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's OPI". Very springy. L-O-V-E.
  • I am in the process of switching over Mia's food. She has been on Purina since she was a puppy but I opted to start feeding her a little better. I have always wanted to start her on Halo, the food that Ellen Degeneres is owner and promoter for. They do so much with supporting shelters and animals in need and their food is amazing. Looking at the ingredients is shocking to see how much good stuff is in it. For example, real dried up cranberries I can actually see (not all ground up in their little circular balls that claim to have the cranberries but you can't actually see it). I bought her 2 bags because they were on sale at Petco ... the lamb and the salmon. Currently she is testing out the lamb and I have to say... IN LOVE. We are still mixing it with her old food to help the transition but... as you can see she wants nothing to do with the old food...



Yes, that's correct. She slowly picks out the old food v. the new food and eats only the new stuff. Spoiled rotten? Yep.

  • I'm attempted to make some pillows yesterday. Not sure if you noticed in the living room we have brown and yellow pillows... those are not staying, I recovered them. Pictures soon!
  • I got my shoes for my friend's wedding coming up in July. Very Audrey Hepburn themed... black dresses, gray suits (I think), and blush pink as the accent. we got our shoes yesterday which although pricey for me (Payless/Target shopper here) they are UH-MAZE-ING. High heel, love the color, and the crazy flower on the back I just adore.

  • I'm not as crazy about the cable as I thought I would be. I only know the shows I currently watch on cable and even then, I don't know what time they are on. I did watch William and Katie on lifetime last night and FELL IN LOVE with their little story. Cannot wait for the wedding on Friday... I wish I knew more people to throw a royalty party (how fun would that be?!?! get all dressed up and drink Long Island Iced teas and have some .. crumpets?)
  • Lastly, still keeping up with my running. 5 days a week... 1.6-2.0 miles a day (remember, lots of hills so it is rough). My legs have not been in an ounce of pain since I got my new shoes so I highly recommend getting fitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment