Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kirklands - I l.o.v.e you

Over spring break when Derrick and I began the decorating process we hit the usual... World Market, Home Goods, Kirklands... anything that we thought might give us something cheap yet looking good:) Kirklands was the winner winner for us. We found a couple paintings and the awesome bench.

Well.... a couple days later I drove by and saw they were GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. First, I was a little disturbed. Did I really just buy a couple hundred dollars worth of things full price!?! Hold up... wasn't there a TON more in there that I wanted!? Oh yes there was :)

Last week we headed out there.... nothing big in mind but boy did we come out with some AWESOME purchases!

We needed BIG paintings/pictures. Lots big, empty, white walls up in this apartment. Check out what we came out with and I just have to share their before and after prices - and yes all frames came with it!

This one went PERFECTLY in our spare room over the futon. It goes along great with the whole vacation theme:) Before: $150 After: $27 - no joke... best deal out of all of them
I have always loved this painting. Although our bedroom is mainly black and white pictures, this one I think will look great over the future dresser I plan to buy! - Before: $40 After: $30
This was just a great find! I plan to take out the random picture in there and put in one of our own black and white ones. Before: $20 After: $7
This one went along great with the other 2 pictures in the dining room. I love the 50's style of it and the frame is fabulous! Before:$80 After: $40
This is my favorite. I'm not sure why - I just love everything about it. It is hanging over our sofa on one of the giant walls in the living room. I love the coloring, the trees, everything. Before: $140 After: $70
And last but not least, Derrick's favorite. It seems to be most liked by anyone who comes here. It is across from my favorite picture in the living room on the OTHER gigant-uous wall. Before: $70 After: $40
I don't think all Kirkland's are going out of business because I am still getting their weekly emails about sales. But it wouldn't hurt to check your area and see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment