Saturday, April 30, 2011

My, I mean Kate's, fairy tale

Alright folks.... who L-O-V-E-D the wedding!?! I was what one might call slightly obsessed. I just couldn't get enough of it! I wanted to blog about it yesterday but as I told my sister, I was way too emotional and excited for anything to make sense! It was on when my kids came into school, we watched the 8 minute abc recap a couple times, looked through photos, came up with rhyming words with Kate, Will, and Harry, and talked about it all day.

Shew... I just loved it. I watched events all week leading up to it and just am so incredibly happy for them! They truly are in love and it was so fun to watch history take place with 2 young people to fall madly in love in college and then become a Duke and Duchess....I mean, that's going to happen to me right? I'll become a Duchess when I get married.... it's only fair!

I love their story... how they met, everything they kept a secret, how she easily won over his family and all of England, and how although she is a "commoner" she is so poised and perfect - she looks just like a real life princess... I mean she is but she actually looks the part also! (anyone notice... most people could really care less about poor Wills, it's all Kate!).

I loved her veil... beautiful. I loved the lace and the neckline on the dress, but I wasn't a HUGE fan of the bottom portion of the dress. At the same time I cannot imagine her wearing anything else ... so it was all truly perfect. I loved their smiles, their hand holding, their 109 year old carriage ride, and just how proud and content they were. So relaxed, so comfortable, I can't wait to follow them through the years.

As much as I want to follow them, I also hope they get their much needed privacy. As everyone is saying, Will really wants to protect her since no one protected his mother. They do have a standing agreement that press is allowed at formal events and publicity events, but they are SUPPOSED to leave them alone on a day to day basis. We'll see. At least for now when they return to Wales they will have some peace and newlywed bliss.

Already there is talks that she is pregnant. Who cares?!?! Even if she is ...what will that matter? She is beautiful, graceful, stunning, and I want to be her! I cannot imagine in 2 years I would marry to become next in line as Queen! Holy crap I'd flip! And to know that everyone in the family and around her MUST curtsy to her except for the Queen and King, Camilla and Charles, is just awesome! Bowdown because she is now royalty:)

Now for some pics that I enjoyed:)
I love that even though this was meant to be formal they still look happy, warm, and full of excitement!


via

The children laughing was just adorable!

via

A true fairy tale

Blissfully happy


Gorgeous - I cannot believe she did her own make up

I love how she took one last look at the crowd before going in - to take it all in
all of the above via

1 comment: