Monday, April 4, 2011

I found a new friend

Tonight Derrick took Mia out for a little bathroom break and when he comes back in he non-challantly says: "there's an armadillo out there." W-H-A-TTTTTTT! OMG! Are you for real!?! OMG! Where is my camera! Hurry! Where!?! OMG (yes... that was my conversation)

I have only seen 1 armadillo since moving here and that was on my drive out here from Charlotte, dead, on the side of the road, in Mississippi. Doesn't count.

I go outside - no shoes on - and go outside to look for him. He was hiding from me but I kept snapping away. Then, I got brave, and stepped closer. He moved away. I stepped closer. He moved away. I was kind of that annoying thing that keeps scooting over on the couch when you keep scooting farther away - yep... just trying to make some new friends here ya know!?

Eventually he was out of the bushes and ran down the little path. I ran after him with my camera snapping away. I'm sure he'll be back. We're like bff's now - Amy the Armadillo and I. Here's some pics of my new friend... hopefully she'll become more photogenic soon.

see him hiding in these?
probably running home to tell her Armadillo friends about me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment