Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dude, where's your car?

Have you ever lost your car in a parking lot? Ya know, you run in real quick and think to yourself "I don't need to remember the letter/number code" but you really should have remembered it, or at least glanced at it. I always focus on where I walked in from, like if there is more than 1 door, which one did I go in through. Usually that helps. Usually. Unless..... unless you were me today at the mall, in the blazing heat, walking around searching aimlessly for your car. Yep, I was that girl. But oh wait, the story gets good... real good... so good my mom actually said "you better blog about this".

So I went to the mall because I had a coupon to JCPenney. 20% off anything and everything and they had a ton of really cute simple sundresses. I was so excited about my purchases and was only in there for about 45 minutes. I walked in with an empty parking lot behind me and came out with a filled parking lot. I started walking. And walking. I remembered I came up a row and turned into my parking spot to the left. Okay... hmm.. I'll call my mom - that way I don't have to make eye contact with all of the people I keep passing. I walked and talked. Walked and talked. I kept saying, "mom, for real... it's like not here. I think someone stole it."

she said, "well, keep walking, you don't want to call the police and then when they come you find it, that'd be embarrassing."

Kept walking. Finally I said "mom, for real. I all the way over by Sears, I know I did not park here. Someone stole it!"

"Katie, walk 1 more time up and down each one and then see."

As I'm walking the sweat is dripping from the crease in my arm from me holding the phone. People are staring for sure and I'm regretting saying "put it all in 1 bag" because the bag is beginning to get REAL thin in the handle area. Please don't break on me now.

"Okay mom. Seriously. Stolen!"

"Are you sure came out the right door? That can really mess things up if not."

"Yes mom, there is ONLY 1 DOOR. GOSH! I'M NOT THAT DUMB."

"..... oh.... wait...." I glance to my left and see another entrance. ".... oh... I didn't go in by the baby clothes .... I actually went in by the hair salon.... oops" .... begin laughing "hey! there's my car!"

I get in... still laughing because I'm such a moron. Seriously... 15 minutes of my life wasted that I can never get back all because I did not stop and listen to my mother. Lesson learned. And yes, that was 15 minutes of my mom's life she cannot get back but ... she loves to listen to all of our problems and random stories... right mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment