Sunday, April 17, 2011

Remember when...

Today is a tribute to all of those terrible (or not so terrible and I wish were still cool) trends that I have lived through thus far. So, let's go back...

Remember when,

Overalls were the coolest - now I know they seem to be making a come back but back in middle school you were only cool if yours were from Gap

Doubling up, or even tripling up, your socks to match your outfit

Big bangs, that's all I have to say, kind in a triangle shape like skinny at the top and wider as it goes down to your scalp

Rolled over jeans around the ankle, the special fold that only the coolest kids knew how to do, so they would almost create an mc hammer effect in the leg

Old navy fleeces - the only way to go, usually a pull over and mine had the elastic sleeves and pull cord waist

Hiking boots, like on a normal day to day lifestyle, the goldish colored ones - ohh yea

Converse one stars came out or the adidas 3 star... oh how I wanted to date every boy in middle school that owned them

Long hair on boys (parted down the middle, down to their ears or even a little past, yep a sure sign of coolness)

cropped shirts, even better with high waisted jeans

stone wash (never return, ever)

nano-babies or giga pets - I had a nano baby and I remember my mom had to watch it while I marched in a parade.... that is when technology began to take over our lives
those weird clog platform "dress" shoes, I never owned them because they were too wide for my feet

I know there are many more but the best for last, and you better believe I owned these: PLATFORM,METALLIC TENNIS SHOES! Oh yes! Mine were silver with a big black "W" on the side for the brand (mine were "wannabe" from Deb, yes I shopped at Deb) and I went over the black writing with sparkly nail polish to make them look that much better... don't think Blair Waldorf would ever wear those!!

I couldn't find a good picture of them online so imagine these 2 images put together:

**On a side note, we just got a scanner/printer so I am hoping to figure out the scanning portion and find some old pictures of me and friends to prove these trends were truly worn, not just by me!** Hopefully a sequel to come:)

What do you remember??

2 comments:

  1. OMG I forgot all about the nano pet! I used to love that thing! What did we do with it while we were at school? How did it survive?? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah Kelly you are SO in my picture of all of us in our overalls in Mrs. Matson's class!!! Get ready!

    ReplyDelete