Sunday, April 17, 2011

Recent purchases

It's funny... as soon as I found out I got a job I felt a huge sense of relief... and all I wanted to do was go shop!! I used to be a crazy shopper but I've REALLY cut back. Like a ton. And really I didn't buy THAT much and everything I got I had been wanting and got for a great deal.

We of course we know about my running shoes. Best buy ever!

Went to Target and I love checking out their clearance section. Sometimes you can get some GREAT finds! I got this fabulous trench coat... originally $40 for $19.99. It sits right at your hips, is double breasted, and has a tie to cinch around the waist. I love it and the color! They had it in black and beige too but I opted for the fun green.

I then went to JCPenney and for those of you that "knock it" haven't been in there in awhile! It has really gotten some cute stuff. I bought a good amount today but my favorite purchases were these below.

3 adorable sundresses which I can ALSO wear to school because they are long enough. TX springtime is no springtime... it's summer... and dresses are WAY cooler than pants and a shirt. I realized while meandering around that I did not own black flip flops... so i got picked up these cute ones with flowers on them for $7. PS the dresses were all $20 each. Plus I got an additional 20%... soo yea $16 each, I like it:) The far left is black on top with black and white striped on the bottom and the bow to tie. The middle one is gray cotton with ruffles on top and a bow to tie in the back and the right one is dark blue cotton with ruffles around the neck and to a V in the front.

And then as I was getting ready to check out I found these. HELLO BLAIR WALDORF! CAN I COME TO YOUR JULY 4TH PARTY!?!?! Seriously, Blair would so approve of these. How perfect are they for my next sailing expedition or nautical themed soiree (whatever... I'll wear them to school and my kids will love them). There are 3 of them: a pearl one, a blue and white striped with the red button, and the white and red one laced through gold. I heart them all <3

And my last purchase I don't have a picture of because we haven't pick it up yet. Craigslist... how I love thee! I have bought and sold a good amount of furniture from there in the past couple of years. I have been on the hunt for a black dresser for the master bedroom. I didn't want to spend a fortune but everything in my budget was made out of that PVC crap from Ikea or Target. And ... those are all still 175-200. So I figured I'd do some hunting and look on craigslist, goodwill, yard sales, etc. Well, I found my piece!! It is a black dresser/buffet table (she uses it as a buffet table currently but it will look great as a dresser too) with 8 bigger drawers and 4 small ones in the center. It is solid cherry wood and is dovetailed (mom says that is good... it means it's quality made and not just thrown together) and she is selling it for 200!! I couldn't pass it up!! Plus it's an antique! So in about 2 hours we will be going to pick up about 20 minutes away and I will finally have my dresser!! The master bedroom should be complete in the next week or so (just awaiting the mattress so we can make the bed frame and then put everything up on the walls!!).

Great week in shopping! I got it out of my system and feel pretty accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment