Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cheep cheep... bye bye

Poor wittle guy.... he went back to the farm. I guess there aren't any 5-6 year olds that read this so... he died (or she). I guess you shouldn't mess with mother nature too much. But, I will say I feel better knowing that he died able to stretch his little legs and drank some water and also had a nice little bath to get clean before dying.

The other one, whom we named Lucky, lived for 3 more days and died last night. He was able to walk a little (which was amazing considering he stayed in the fetal/egg like position for the first 12 hours), ate and drank on his own, and cheeped like crazy.

So, as I told my kids, they went back to the farm for mother hen to help them out.

Until next year -- good bye chicks! One of my family's took in 4 of the 5 chicks that we had and the other one was adopted by another family in another class. I guess they have big enough yards to put a coop in the back and receive some free eggs as long as they are hens... sorry 'bout 'cha luck if they are roosters!

Lots of updates coming this weekend --- for some reason I have felt busy but really haven't been this week... must be the allergies!
  • yes I got cool pics of tornado clouds forming her on Tuesday that I will post about
  • yes I cut off 11 inches yesterday and donated to locks of love
  • yes I finally received some famous circus pictures showing my attire
  • yes our camp is off and running and we have people signing up! fingers crossed for the word to spread:)
  • yes I contemplated taking off tomorrow to watch Wills and Kate (yep, we're chummy, I can call him Wills) get married... I'm not taking off and am jealous of all those who are!. Kate is living my dream... I could've/would've been "Waitie Katie".... oh well...
updates coming soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment